for 1 super large portion or 2 smaller portions :
1 chicken breast
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ red onion
2 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp of sesame seeds
1 tbsp of red pepper flakes
2 carrots, shredded
¼ of a whole green cabbage, shredded
Salt and pepper*
½ cup of coconut milk
1 head of cauliflower, riced either with a grater or food processor
½ tbsp curry powder
½ tbsp turmeric
- Head some oil in a cast iron skillet, over medium heat. Put in the garlic, ginger and red onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add the chicken.
- When the chicken has cooked half way through, add in the soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame seeds, curry powder, turmeric and red pepper flakes. Stir to mix all together and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the carrots and cabbage. Mix all together. Cook down until all the liquid has been absorbed, around 10 minutes.
- To make the cauliflower rice, heat some butter (or ghee) and melt it in a pan. Add the riced cauliflower and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Once the cauliflower has begun to cook, add the coconut milk. The cauliflower will absorb it all in about 2 minutes.
- To assemble, tear whole butter lettuce leaves off and lay flat. Add cauliflower rice and then top with chicken mixture.
tip : eat with a fresh no-cook vegetable side dish